Details about your pet’s stay
- The entire cattery is made of specially treated timber with washable surfaces in the sleeping quarters. The roof of tinted polycarbonate allows in plenty of light but retains cosiness.
- Each single pen has four shelves for sunbathing, a ladder from the sleeping quarters to the run and toys and scratchpads to play with, so your pet will feel comfortable and at home here.
- We welcome any special toys or blankets to help settle your cat with us.
- If your pet enjoys or requires brushing please bring their own brush.
- Each pen can house up to two cats from the same household. We have two double pens that can house up to four cats from the same household.
Food and feeding times:
- We offer 2 dry and 2 wet food choices.
- However, we recommend owners provide their own food for cats on special diets.
- Fresh fish or meat will be charged an extra £1.00 per night per cat.
- The cats are fed twice a day but other requests will be considered
Heating and ventilation
- All sleeping quarters are fully heated and insulated with doors and windows closed at night to runs in winter with access through a cat flap.
- During hot days and summer months the doors to the sleeping quarters are left open to the runs and the shutters to the corridors are taken off during the day to allow extra ventilation to the pens.
Secure and safe
- The whole cattery is in a secure area of our rear garden which is completely enclosed and the access to this garden area is padlocked at night.
- Each pen has bolted access to the corridors. The two exits from the corridors to outside have bolts to ensure no pets can escape!
- The cattery building itself is not padlocked to allow swift access should the need arise.
Love and attention
- All residents will receive plenty of time, love and attention. As long standing cat owners we understand cats and their needs.
- Those more sensitive pets can be housed in a quieter, tucked away pen.
- Any cats that become ill during their stay will be taken to our local vets in Saxmundham and we will endeavour to contact you, the owner.
Hotel Catifornia is housed within its own garden that is near to the house fully enclosed and secure. The rest of our garden opens out onto a paddock which in itself backs onto farmland. It is very peaceful and calm here. We have wonderful wildlife in our garden and the cattery garden will provide our guests with a sunny, colourful outlook.